Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Hauls: A Sharkmas Miracle

Yep, another haul post. I keep thinking that I've made my last one before Christmas, then BAM, here's something else. This one was definitely a good surprise, though:


If you've been following the newest wave of Loot Crate's Limited Edition TMNT Crates closely, you would know that the whole thing has been an absolute circus. Crates were constantly delayed, they started shipping out of order, people were getting the wrong size shirts, and Loot Crate themselves have provided minimal communication on the matter despite the fact that people put money down in advance for these things in February 2021. Yeah. It's been a whole thing. However, things have FINALLY started winding down recently, with more and more TMNT Crates getting out there until only ONE of the series remained unshipped. Figures it'd be the only one of the four I ordered. Which one was that? Well, see for yourself:


Loot Crate TMNT Limited Edition Series II Crate #2: Arcade

NECA Armaggon Figure
TMNT Tournament Fighters T-Shirt
Tokka & Rahzar Glass Set
Turtles in Time Mix-and-Match Socks
Krang Stress Ball
Leatherhead Pin

Yep, I opted for the Arcade crate. Who'da thunk it'd end up getting to me in a year where we've gotten BOTH a collection of all the classic Konami TMNT games AND a modern spiritual successor to them? Talk about super fitting in hindsight. Anyway, while I adore the fact that I can now rock an OFFICIALLY LICENSED TMNT Tournament Fighters shirt (mine was actually the right size, so yay) and I also really dig the Turtles in Time-based goodies, make no mistake, I bought this for ONE reason...THIS beeg boi:


OMFG HE'S BIG AND COOL AND ZOMGGGGGGG!!! Ahem. So Armaggon's one of my favorite TMNT characters ever and the second that Loot Crate announced that an exclusive NECA figure of him based on how he appeared in the SNES version of TMNT Tournament Fighters (my personal introduction to him) was going to be the star attraction of the Arcade crate, needless to say, I hit that pre-order button as fast as I possibly could. He definitely doesn't disappoint, either, as you could probably tell by that complete loss of function that started the paragraph off. He's big (about as tall as Leatherhead,) he's bulky, he includes a couple of different hand options, he's articulated just as well as any other NECA TMNT product (aside from his head,) and he even comes in this BEAUTIFUL SNES-style box:


*drools* So yeah, I'd say I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. He could've come by himself and I'd have been perfectly fine, but to get him AND all this bonus TMNT video game junk for like sixty bucks? A+. Of course, after all that monkey business, I have absolutely no desire to order anything from Loot Crate ever again, but I'm still glad that I at least bit the bullet on this particular crate. As late as Armaggon was, he was certainly worth it.

That's my whole Shark spiel. This SHOULD *knock on wood* be the last haul I get in before Christmas proper, so I'll see you guys for the annual Fallout post in less than two weeks. Also, don't forget to check out my Advent Hill Zone series in the meantime. I've been having a lot of fun with it. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment