Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Hauls: How the Phantom Thieves Stole Black Friday

Time to squeeze in one last tiny haul post before the annual Christmas one! (Which probably won't be posted until New Year's Eve, as my family are celebrating on the 30th this year because reasons.) I was originally awaiting something specific that was SAID to be coming in December, but I think at this point, we can safely say that it's not happening. You'll see what I've been eluding to posted here eventually, though. 🦈📦

Anyway, I probably wouldn't have even ended up making this post if not for Gamestop's great Black Friday sale this year. Not only were a lot of games discounted, but they were also running a "Buy Two, Get One Free" promotion at the same time, meaning it was the perfect chance to finally snatch up some titles I've had my eye on for a while:


New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch) (Gamestop)
Persona 5 Royal (Gamestop)
Persona 5 Strikers (Switch) (Gamestop)

The Phantom Thieves of Hearts have arrived! When Joker joined Smash Ultimate, I became pretty curious about him and the ensemble cast that supported him. So, eventually, I checked out the English dub of the anime and quite enjoyed it! I loved the entire cast, the concept of a group of abused misfits coming together to become heroes for societal reform, the music (Dark Sun. Nuff said.), and just the sheer style of everything. It was just so, SO freakin' cool. So, of course, I had to own the definitive version of the original game! Already Platted it, too! Even though I already knew the general plot from watching the anime, I was still completely sucked in by the unique RPG/life sim mix, all the different little mechanics thrown into every nook and cranny, the Confidant side plots that were largely ignored in the anime, and of course, the extra content exclusive to Royal. If you love RPGs and stories with really fleshed out, extremely likeable characters, get this game STAT. (It's still just 25 bucks on Gamestop's website! That's a STEAL for this much content!)

However, even though Royal was easily the main event, I couldn't pass up another Phantom Thieves adventure even in a different, Musou-style package, so the Strikers spin-off that released earlier this year became my second game of the deal. Rounding things out is New Super Lucky's Tale, a cute, polished little platformer I've been interested in since Nintendo showcased it at their 2019 E3 Treehouse stream. Altogether, I got everything for just a little over the full price of Royal or Strikers by themselves. Not too shabby. 

I hope you all have an amazing holiday weekend! Since my celebrations are going to be a bit late this year, I'm likely going to spend it watching the new Disney and Doraemon movies hitting the various streaming platforms on Friday. See you on the other side next week! 🎅🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment