Monday, July 29, 2019

Pre-Birthday Post of Bowziness, amiibocity, and Many Limbs

Time for another post, but this'll be a quickie! My Birthday is actually this Friday, but I've got a couple things I haven't shared with the blog yet in the meantime, so I decided to go ahead and post about it now so I can focus on strictly Birthday-related matters on Friday. Without further ado, here's more stuff!


Build-a-Bear Bowser (w/Sounds)

I've planned to pick up this guy for quite a while! When Build-a-Bear announced that one of their Super Mario collection plushes would be Bowser, I was interested, but I NEEDED it when it was revealed to be a TALKING one! There's actually a personal reason for this. 

Y'see, the guy on the right in the above photo is the larger-scale talking Bowser plush from Nintendo's old merch line from the 90's that you could order from the Power Supplies Catalog or find at Target/Sears/Babbages back in the day. I've actually had this guy since childhood and he's one of my most prized possessions. (Despite the fact that he no longer talks.) He was even in my 2000 school photo! So, needless to say, the possibility of adding an updated, modern-day talking Bowser plush that can still talk and uses his Kenny James voice clips from more recent games rather than his N64-era stock monster noises to my collection made me very, VERY giddy and I'm quite happy to finally score him. Plus, now I don't have to worry about buying more Build-A-Bear plushes! (Unless they make a Mewtwo. Or a Shadow. Or a Slash. God HELP me if they make an Armored Mewtwo.)



Marvel Legends Doppelganger (Amazon)

I've mentioned my love of Doppelganger in a previous post, so it stood to reason that I HAD to have him in Legends form. (Now I just need to figure out how to work him into my display without him knocking my other Spidey figures over with his superfluous limbs.)


Pokemon Trainer amiibo (Walmart)


King Dedede amiibo (Gamestop)

Wrapping things up with some more amiibo! Pokemon Trainer joins Charizard on my amiibo shelf, waiting for the rest of his team, while King Dedede finally rounds out the Kirby characters in my Smash collection. (Actually missed him the first time around, so I jumped on his reprint's Gamestop pre-order page when it went up.)

Told ya this'd be a quicker one! See ya Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment