Saturday, April 6, 2019

March/April Hauls: Cards, Crafts, and Kaine!

Another month passes and another haul post appears! (Though, decidedly less packed than the last few.) Here's what I picked up in March/yesterday!


Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless Headphones (Amazon)

First off, remember those new wireless headphones I picked up in the last post that had that issue that I hoped I'd either find a solution for or learn to live with? Yeaaaaaaah, those didn't work out, so I sent 'em back to Amazon and got a new pair of the brand I'm used to. Already WAY better, with no audio stuttering whatsoever, the ability to be used via wire even if they're dead which the last ones lacked, and even a nice upgrade from my old Skullcandy pair in the form of a more easily accessed charging jack. If you're looking for wireless headphones, I honestly can't recommend these enough.


Ralph Breaks the Internet Stickers (Disney Movie Rewards)

Had a couple points left after my last DMR splurge, so decided to redeem one last Ralph item before the sequel became old news and all the rewards disappeared. I don't know where I'm gonna stick them, but if I ever feel the need to deck something out in Ralph, I'll have the means.


Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards (Various)

This was a really fun sort-of surprise! See, back in January, my brother-in-law asked if I'd be interested in some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards that HIS brother was looking to get rid of. I, of course, graciously accepted his offer and then quickly forgot about it. Cut to when I went up to visit my Sister's place in late March and he comes out holding two Legendary Collection boxes filled with cards and game boards. Needless to say, I felt like a kid in a candy store looking through the huge selection I was gifted, which included a ton of more recent stuff than I was expecting! I now own Orgoth the Relentless, a couple of Leon Von Schroeder's fairy tale Monsters, one of those Zexal manga Monsters with the silly names, my first Link Monsters, and enough Dinowrestler cards to build a deck! This also gave me that Yu-Gi-Oh! itch to pick up even MORE cards down the line, so thanks again, Jake!


Yoshi's Crafted World (Amazon)

Had this puppy pre-ordered since 2017, so very happy to have it in my Switch finally! Got the first two Dream Stones and it's very fun and charming so far. Music isn't the best (I'm probably in the minority of people who actually prefer Yoshi's New Island's main theme to this one, instrumentation aside), but just about every level introduces some inventive new gimmick to switch things up and format-wise it's the most unique Yoshi game in a while, which is pretty refreshing after the last couple have largely been following in Island's footsteps. The mini-bosses are also MUCH improved over Woolly World's reused ones and I'm very excited to see what else intends to halt my path when I get back into it.



Marvel Legends Scarlet Spider (Kaine) (Gamestop)

Finally, I ordered this guy from Gamestop a couple days back and got him in yesterday. Kaine is a lot like Doppelganger in that I randomly picked up his original Marvel Legends figure first before I even knew who he was. Unlike Doppelganger, though, he kinda stayed that way as just a random figure on my shelf until I watched Ultimate Spider-Man's final season and got really engrossed in his counterpart from that show. Since then, he's been one of my favorite alternate Spideys and I've even been reading through all of his comic appearances recently on Marvel Unlimited. (That's actually what inspired me to finally pick up this figure.) 

Needless to say, this figure's a VAST improvement on his old one, which had stuck joints, weird proportions, and no stingers. Now all he needs is a Marvel Legends Hummingbird to back him up! (Maybe whenever Aracely's whole demigod thing finally pays off.)

That's all I've got! Barring any unexpected pick-ups, my next haul post should coincide with my yearly OMGcon trip, so see ya'll in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment