Saturday, August 3, 2019

28th Birthday Haul

Welp, another Birthday has come and gone and I'm still a bit tired. Spent most of yesterday in town celebrating with Ice Cream and Spider-Man: Far from Home, but it always feels really nice to get home and just lounge for a bit. Anyway, enough preamble, let's get to my Birthday goodies!


Funko Pop! Games Howard the Duck (Contest of Champions)

This first gift's a bit special. Y'see, I actually got this guy back in June when me and my Sister were stocking up for OMGcon. I saw this at Walmart and was, of course, in awe at a Pop figure of Howard the Duck in a mech suit, but also a bit conflicted to spend my con funds on it. My Sister, being as fantastic as she is, decided to grab it for me as an early Birthday gift. (That also saved her from having to worry about getting a gift later.) Now Howard stands as the tallest figure on my Pop shelf. Appropriate.


Super Mario Maker 2
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Nitros Oxide and Pin Bundle (Switch)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Dashboard Bobble


Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Marvel's Spider-Man
Detective Pikachu

This year's crop of games is a good'n, with several that I've already sunk WAY too many hours into. (I may have gotten some things a bit early.) I'm completely addicted to unlocking things in Nitro-Fueled, I've completed MUA3's story (REALLY cool Final Boss, BTW) and am currently grinding Infinity Rifts to unlock Thanos, and I'm so enamored with swinging around and doing all the side stuff in Spidey PS4 that I've barely progressed in the story! (Already have all the Backpacks, Landmarks, Fisk Hideouts, and Towers.) Plus, that's not even getting to Mario Maker and Detective Pikachu, both of which I've barely scratched the surface of. (Well, mostly creation in Mario Maker's case. Already beat the Story Mode.) Heck, just Nitro-Fueled's Grand Prixs alone are going to make sure I'm busy for quite a while.


Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray Combo)
Spider-Geddon
Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops

More Spidey fun straight from the Spider-Verse! Miles finally gets mainstream spotlight in his Academy Award-winning film from last year (still need to watch the Alternate Universe mode) while the Inheritors return to destroy the Web in the sequel to the original comic Spider-Verse. (The latter was an absolute must, considering PS4 Spidey plays a big role in it.) Also included is Covert Ops, a Spider-Geddon tie-in trade that I mostly got because Kaine leads a team in the first series included and I love me some Kaine. 


Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Bebop and Rocksteady Hit the Road
Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 2: The Fate of Dr. Eggman
Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 3: Battle for Angel Island

Wrapping things up with some books! IDW TMNT representation is a bit lighter this year to fit in the Spidey stuff, but I couldn't resist grabbing the sequel to the absolutely hysterical Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything regardless. Batman/TMNT II was a series I held off on picking up mostly because I heard bad things, but when the animated movie and third series were announced, I figured there wasn't a better time to finally take the plunge. (It's okay. There's a lot less crazy fun crossover stuff, though, so it's pretty dull in comparison to the first series.) More IDW Sonic from my main man Ian Flynn rounds things out! (Lots of Sonic Heroes callbacks in this batch!)

That's all she wrote for this year's Birthday haul, but I'll have a couple things coming soon, so stay tuned to hear all about those!

No comments:

Post a Comment